All 12 art Reviews

Elika-wallpaper Elika-wallpaper

Well drawn

What exactly is she supposed to be saying? Is it supposed to be bad english?

HOLIMOUNT responds:

she freaking zizzlez man

A Nightmare A Nightmare

...what?

...this is your FIRST acrylic painting? As in, first ever? Or that you'd already worked with other paints besides acrylic. Please tell me you're lying. You're either lying or a prodigy.

Besides that, giving it a six because it's so close to the original image.

The 1st Crusade The 1st Crusade

Nice.

I'm gonna give this a 3/10 because there's so little in it. And without a background or anything it looks very unfinished.

libarian responds:

Hah, yeah it does.

Niddhogs head Niddhogs head

Wow.

I... I really like it. Damn, it just looks so intriguing. Niddhog's head has the right amount of ugliness and malice, the roots of Yggdrasil around him, stretching into the background make for a fantastic scope of view, making the whole thing look just really atmospheric and deeply... interesting.

It's just... wow. I love it.

In vino veritas In vino veritas

I don't like it.

A combination of the colors, the viewpoint (I think it actually might be mostly the viewpoint), and the fact that it looks somehow very cliche makes for a very underwhelming picture, at least for me.

LaserKarl responds:

Thank you for the comment, Im sorry you don't like this image. I'll take your advice and remember that next time i draw something.

But you saying that this is cliche, while having a picture of a dragon as your favorite art, thats something i don't understand.

A good experiment gone bad A good experiment gone bad

Bad as a drawing, bad as a comic, bad as humor.

The drawing is really bad, I don't know how to explain it any clearer, it's just very poorly drawn. Your other stuff is SLIGHTLY better, probably because it's not constrained within a panel. But really, you need to brush up on basic drawing, try drawing from life, reading some art books, that sort of thing. Comic-wise, the panels look like you drew them while drunk and the text-boxes are extremely ugly.

The joke does not make any sense at all, even after reading your description. And either way, if you have to explain a joke outside your comic you're doing it wrong.

See you See you

THE EYES.

Those eyes, and that expression, they disturb me somehow... so you've obviously done SOMETHING right, even if it is just a simple tablet drawing.

Bad Hair Day Bad Hair Day

I like it.

I get alot of aesthetic pleasure from looking at it. And it's really well drawn too. I reckon it could do with more detail, or maybe it could be clearer what the hell is going on in it. Something about it feels a bit "awkward" to me, as well.

Really though, the main reason I'm posting this review is to ask if you've ever thought of becoming a tattoo artist (unless you already are one)? It looks like the kind of baroque, chaotic style that would make for good tattoos.

IDuDe responds:

Hehe... I'm not a tattoo artist, I'm 13.
But I do watch allot of "Miami Ink"

Old Man Portrait Old Man Portrait

This is nice.

It's got a nice feel to it. Kind of exaggerated, but not at the same time. It's like you look at it, and you KNOW it's a caricature, but at the same time it doesn't feel like one.

The style is a bit clean for my tastes, and overall it lacks an original, creative spark - something about it makes me think "this has been done before". But it's just a sketch, after all.

IDuDe responds:

Actually the task was to draw the portrait after the original, which is in a book.
The point of the task was also to try and copy the original artist style (shadows etc')

And besides, in my first portrait, I can only do better, and btw: it's not a caricature, the nose is supposed to be big :3

the hagian supermagus! the hagian supermagus!

Very professional.

It's very nice from a superficial viewpoint (not using the word negatively, it's just the appropriate term to use here). Based on my huge expertise and experience (of looking at the pictures in the Dungeons And Dragons manuals over and over again) I would say that it's about the same caliber as a low-quality professional illustration for a fantasy comic-book or light novel.

There's nothing about the drawing that makes me interested, there's nothing that makes me want to know more about that creature, where it comes from, where it's going, or what that staff does. The key thing here is that when I look at the image, I think "that is a cool picture".

...but not "that is a cool creature". Do you see what I'm saying?

5/10 | 3/5.

jouste responds:

phew!

luckily i'm not involved in fantasy comic-books or light novels or i'd be a goner!

i actually agree that my art is really superficial. i tend to draw things fast and move on, i get really bored with things very quickly so i usually take aesthetic shortcuts on a lot of elements to just get a "that's cool" out of people.

thanks for the review!

hopefully you'll find some of my other stuff more to your liking. :)